The purpose of the Westside Timbers Development Program (WDP) is to build upon soccer skills gained in recreational programs and to grow a love of the game. This program also helps U10 players bridge from recreational soccer to classic soccer by preparing them for the higher level of skill and commitment that classic soccer requires. The Westside Timbers Development Program is not meant to replace a player's participation in recreational soccer - it is expected that all players will participate in recreational soccer in addition to playing WDP.
Three sessions are offered each year. Players may register for one session or participate in all three sessions for a year round soccer experience. Players must register and pay for each program separately. There is no financial aid available for WDP, however a payment plan may be arranged by calling our office at 503-626-2975.
This program is designed for U7-U10 players (see age groups at right). U7 players may participate in the program for training only, due to state regulations these players may not participate in tournament or league play, and the program fee is pro-rated to reflect this.
How to register:
Register On-Line (preferred method) - CLICK HERE TO REGISTER ON-LINE
Print Registration Form mail-in - link only active when registration is open
New WDP Players - must submit the following before registration can be completed:
- A copy of their birth certificate - preferably emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- A headshot photo preferably emailed to email@example.com
- A US Club Medical Release Form - US Club Soccer Medical Release Form
Returning WDP Players - must do the following:
- Register for the new session (preferrably on-line)
Where to submit required paperwork:
Mail to: Westside Timbers
4840 SW Western Ave, Suite 1000
Beaverton, OR 97005
email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Session runs May 21, 2013 thru August 1, 2013.
- Cost: U8-U10 players $225
- Cost: U7 players $175 (as not eligible to play in tournaments)
- Players must register by June 30 to guarantee a spot on a summer tournament team.
- Teams will train Tuesday and Thursday evenings 5:30pm - 7:00pm.
- Training field - Meadow Park Middle School
- Teams will participate in two summer tournaments.
- Cascadia Challenge - June 20-23
- adidas Beaverton Cup - July 19-21
- adidas Clash of the Border (Vancouver)- June 28-30
- adidas Beaverton Cup - July 19-21
- Tournament fees are included in the summer session fee.
(There are no refunds given if your child is unable to participate in these tournaments.)
- If a team decides to play in more than two tournaments,
an additional tournament entry fee will be collected separately.
- Session begins in mid August 2013 and ends in mid November 2013.
- Players must register by September 1 to be guaranteed a spot on a league team.
- There will be weekly outdoor practices on Friday evenings at
THPRD, 158th and Walker Road.
- Teams will participate in a U10 Development League during September-October
(games on most Sundays and travel commitments will be minimal)
- Session runs January - April 2014. NO TRAINING during SPRING BREAK
- Training sessions will be once a week day and time TBD
- Teams will play futsal on Saturdays in January and February
- Teams will participate in a U10 spring development league during March and April
with games on Sundays.
U7: 8/1/2006 - 7/31/2007
(usually 1st grade in Fall 2013)
U8: 8/1/2005 - 7/31/2006
(usually 2nd grade in Fall 2013)
U9: 8/1/2004 - 7/31/2005
(usually 3rd grade in Fall 2013)
U10: 8/1/2003 - 7/31/2004
(usually 4th grade in Fall 2013)
Tursi's Soccer Store
3122 SW 87th Ave
Uniform consists of:
White Practice Jersey