The purpose of the Westside Timbers Development Program (WDP) is to build upon soccer skills gained in recreational programs and to grow a love of the game. This program also helps U10 players bridge from recreational soccer to classic soccer by preparing them for the higher level of skill and commitment that classic soccer requires. The Westside Timbers Development Program is not meant to replace a player's participation in recreational soccer - it is expected that all players will participate in recreational soccer in addition to playing WDP.
Three sessions are offered each year. Players may register for one session or participate in all three sessions for a year round soccer experience. Players must register and pay for each program separately. There is no financial aid available for WDP, however a payment plan may be arranged by calling our office at 503-626-2975.
This program is designed for U7-U10 players (see age groups at right). U7 players may participate in the program for training only, due to state regulations these players may not participate in tournament or league play, and the program fee is pro-rated to reflect this.
How to register:
Winter/Spring WDP Registration is now OPEN
Click HERE to register on-line PREFERRED
- Register on-line - preferred
- On-site Friday night
- OR at the Westside Timbers Office - see address below
New WDP Players - must submit the following before registration can be completed:
- A copy of their birth certificate - preferably emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- A headshot photo preferably emailed to email@example.com
- A US Club Medical Release Form - US Club Soccer Medical Release Form
Returning WDP Players - must do the following:
- Register for the new session (preferrably on-line)
Where to submit required paperwork:
Mail to: Westside Timbers
4840 SW Western Ave, Suite 1000
Beaverton, OR 97005
email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
On-Line Registration is NOW OPEN
Outdoor Training begins January 8th (No training during Spring Break)
Remember: Arrive 15 minutes early and check in
- Boys - PCC Rock Creek Wednesdays, 5:00-6:30
- Girls - THPRD Rec #1 Wednesdays, 5:00-6:30
- Indoor Futsal Training on Saturdays January 11 - February 22
THPRD - 158th and Walker on the Basketball Courts
WDP Girls - 3:15-4:20
WDP Boys - 4:25 - 5:30
- Spring League - Teams will be formed in late January for a Spring Development League during March and April with games on Sundays.
- Session runs from mid May thru the begining of August
- Teams will train Tuesday and Thursday evenings
- Training field - TBD
- Teams will participate in two summer tournaments.
- Tournament fees are included in the summer session fee.
(There are no refunds given if your child is unable to participate in these tournaments.)
- If a team decides to play in more than two tournaments,
an additional tournament entry fee will be collected separately.
- Session runs August - November 2014
- Practices are on Fridays on
- Please plan to arrive about 15 minutes early to check in
- All U8/U9/U10 players registered by September 1st will participate in the
Southside Soccer Club Player Development League
- PDL games every Sunday for 7 weeks beginning mid September.
All games at Cook Park or Tigard High School in Tigard, Oregon
- U9/U10 teams with select U8 players play 8v8 with goalies,
U8 teams play 4v4 with no goalies
- All development players are encouraged to play on rec teams through
the Westside Warriors or their local recreational soccer organization.
U7: 8/1/2006 - 7/31/2007
(usually 1st grade in Fall 2013)
U8: 8/1/2005 - 7/31/2006
(usually 2nd grade in Fall 2013)
U9: 8/1/2004 - 7/31/2005
(usually 3rd grade in Fall 2013)
U10: 8/1/2003 - 7/31/2004
(usually 4th grade in Fall 2013)
Tursi's Soccer Store
3122 SW 87th Ave
Uniform consists of:
White Practice Jersey